Hello,
My name is Kelly Phangura and I will be the new Program's Director Assistant at IMSS. I have lived in the north all my life, born and raised in Quesnel and now currently in the Social Work program at UNBC. Growing up in Quesnel as a visible minority has helped me see life through a different lens. I understand the pros and cons of being a minority. I believe I can be a positive role model for immigrant youth today and help reduce culture shock by sharing my experiences with them on a personal basis.
Being new to this position, Shaun has been kind enough to assist me in getting familiar with this role and I thank him for that. The first activity being held in the new year for our buddies is Sledding. We will be walking to Carney hill to enjoy a day of fun physical activity, making new friends and welcoming back our previous ones while building strong relationships in the new year. This is planned for Saturday, January the 16th. This will be my first planned activity and Shaun has volunteered to help me out by participating and introducing me to the buddies. I look forward in meeting the buddies and staff at IMSS. Thank you for your time and Happy New Year!
Kind Regards,
Kelly Phangura
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment